We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Hi, Byrdie readers. Sometimes I feel like I spend more time on a flight than at an actual destination. When I flip through magazines, I notice that some women saunter off a plane like they just walked out onto a catwalk. I admire and hate these women simultaneously.
Flying is undoubtedly a massive stress on our bodies, but I try to use my time in the air to my advantage. Think about it, if you're a working woman how often do you sit still in one place for that amount of time? Exactly. So use that time to relax, revive and rejuvenate.
Keep scrolling forВ some in-flight tricks I've learned over the years that I want to share with you this month.Conor McDonnell
1. Take off all your makeup when you're on board and use a gentle cleanser. Rodial Bee Venom Cleansing BalmВ ($70)В is my favorite.Rodial Bee Venom Cleansing Balm $70Shop
2. Airplanes are severely dehydrating, so a refreshing hydrating spray is a brilliant product to have on board. I love this Murad toner. I use it liberally (but be careful not to spray the person next you, as has happened to me on the last flight).
3. You've got the time, so give your skin a proper once-over. I recommended Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour All-Over Miracle OilВ ($28). This stuff is magic, I use it EVERYWHERE-hair, body (legs, especially) and face. And allow it to soak in. When you land, your skin will be glowing.Elizabeth Arden All-Over Miracle Oil $28Shop
4. When you do land, if you can, I recommend the following facials: an Oxygen InfusionВ Facial in the Red Door Spa in New YorkВ or the AL Plasma Facial atВ Aesthetics Lab in Primrose Hill.В I used both over the fashion week period and they don't cause breakouts, they just enhance your skin's natural glow and get the circulation going.
(Ed note: Elizabeth Arden offers the Oxygen Blast Facial, ВЈ15 for 15 minutes, on counters nationwide).
5. The reason the likes of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Victoria Beckham look so bloody good when they come off a long-haulВ flightВ is because they've not been sitting in the same makeup for 11 hours. They have refreshed. No one wants a full face, but there are a few tricks that can help you step off a plane and straight onto the FROWВ of a fashion show.
Ethical Makeup Artist Justine Jenkins recommends Juice Beauty Stem Cellular CC CreamВ ($39) on your skin (I use shade Desert Glow) and Pur Minerals Disappearing Ink ConcealerВ ($24), which covers up any nastiness. Both are ethical brands that don't test on animals.Conor McDonnell
6. And to really give your eyes a pop, I wash my eyelids with Inika Light Reflect Highlighting Cream ($39). It gives eyesВ a gorgeous sparkle, which instantly makes you red carpet ready.Inika Light Reflect Highlighting Cream $39Shop
Makeup by Justine Jenkins. Photography by Conor McDonnell.В
What are your in-flight beauty tricks? Share yours in the comment box below.