We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Why spend your hard-earned money on expensive store-bought bath bombs when you can make your own bath bombs for pennies apiece? With this basic recipe, making bath bombs is actually pretty simple.
In fact, almost all the recipes called for the same ingredients and in the same measurements (for the most part). The key to great bath bombs is citric acid, which really isn't hard to find online. If online purchases aren't your thing, you may be able to purchase citric acid from your pharmacy.
These bath bombs make perfect gifts. You can put both large or small ones in cellophane gift bags like-the ones you'd typically buy for cookies-or stack smaller ones in a wide-mouth Mason jar. Make a few batches using different colors and add various essential oils for scents if you really want to go all out.
Bath Bomb Recipe Ingredients and Materials
- 1 cup baking sodaВ
- 1/2 cup citric acidВ
- 1/2 cupВ Epsom salt
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp. water
- 2 tsp essential oil (lavender, eucalyptus, rose are all popular for the bath)
- 2 tsp oil (jojoba, sweet almond, coconut olive or even baby oil)
- A few drops of food coloring.
- A mold of your choice, such as regular or mini-muffin tins, candy pans, or round plastic molds specifically for bath bombs
- Optional: Dried flowers or sugar cake decorations, like flowers or stars
Bath Bomb Instructions
- With the exception of the citric acid, mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.В
- Pour all liquid ingredients in a jar with a top. Close the jar and shake it vigorously.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients, and use your hands to combine it well. At this point, add the citric acid. You'll probably notice a slight fizzing reaction because of the citric acid. This is normal.В
- The mixture should be a bit crumbly (similar to the consistency of wet beach sand). Whatever you do, don't add water at this stage, or the bath bomb will fizz prematurely and be ruined.В
- Mash the mixture into your chosen molds very tightly. You may slightly overfill the molds and use a spoon or glass to press the mixture in as tightly as possible. Immediately loosen the bombs from their molds onto wax paper and let them dry overnight. Before use or wrapping, let the bath bombs dry for another day or two.
- Give them another day or 2 to completely dry before using them or wrapping them up as gifts.